Finally, I put plans into progress!
I've made a double handful of these pods, and electroformed most of them with copper, which looks great. But this snakeskin design involves silver leaf or foil and looks better with silver. So I finally poured out the silver plating solution and set to it. Trivial! Two minutes of plating, then patinaed with liver of sulfur and polished up on the flex shaft. I thought perhaps the silver would be so thin that brass brushing would make the copper show through. Since it held up great, I fear much less for wear affecting the silver.
unwinding into summer
1 week ago