Sunday, September 11, 2011

Overcoming Artistic Obstacles

I'm relieved to put this brooch behind me! I finally decided that the message was to use plain copper for the sandwich, rather than enamel. After I finally removed all the enamel from the etching, I just polished it up and proceeded onto the riveting, which was more trouble than usual as well.



Overall, this piece is not what I envisioned, so I guess it's time to go back to the bench and try again. But at least I can call it finished!


There were some successes. I included my first ever commercial pin finding, sterling silver and nickel. That was easy enough. Usually I make my own findings, but it's good to know how to do both. And I had all that practice at enamel removal. And I'm back in gear with etching.

Art is a dance, forward and back.

2 comments:

  1. It is an absolutely delightful piece. I like the layered elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Purky! I'll enjoy it just the way it is, but I'll keep dreaming about an enamel version.

    ReplyDelete