Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another Bronze Clay Bell


After several tries, too thin and cracked, I have another bell constructed and ready to load into the kiln. We'll soon see how well I learned from the past mistakes.


Improvements:
1) Extra heavy thick slip to join the top lentil to the bottom lentil.
2) Double, larger, vent holes inside to remove air from the top lentil.
3) Heavier reinforcement of seams on the half-rings and on the clapper cross.

Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. good luck!

    FWIW, I thought the "failure" looked lovely. Added to the antique-treasure impression I got from it (which is not to say I won't think a perfect one is also marvellous heh).

    ReplyDelete